My wall works, drawings on paper and handmade books emerge from a fascination with humanity and its complications within the world right now: internet life, planetary destruction, domestication problems in house pets, genetic engineering, and the our culture's fetishism of the "celebrity" as seen in the Bravo TV Series Real Housewives of Orange County, Beverley Hills, Miami, Atlanta, New Jersey and New York. I investigate our strange point on the human timeline through drawing, which I hold is the most direct formation of my thought through mark maker. Drypoint printmaking and wheat paste mural techniques enable my line drawings to inhabit larger, dioramic spaces engulfing the viewer. These modes are my way of contemplation; thinking is drawing. The results are surreal landscapes and non-descript inside places with animals, plants and oddly shaped humans doing radical or impossible things.


While letting the pen and my imagination do most of the inventing, my questions behind the desert scenes and interior spaces include doubts on humankind’s path to endlessly pursue connectivity rather than human connection. As my drawn worlds develop, certain characters embody these questions, and I begin to invent a story for them. These are mostly direct references to my daily life and thoughts, but with fantastic alterations and the freedom to translate reality into two dimensions.